- March 29, 2020
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: jD
The science behind oiling your Hair. There is no excuse now since we all staying home in lockdown.
We all avoid not oiling our hair as it doesn’t look good while you go out. Since we all are in lockdown and have to stay at home, you don’t need to worry about going out with oily hair. This is a much-needed treatment to maintain the health of your hair and is always taken very lightly in this country.
Living in an environment which has harsh weather conditions and hard water our hair takes a lot of battering. we expect so much from our hair yet we do not care for it as it needs.
All my clients will know how I always advise and encourage them to oil their hair at least every 6 weeks to help maintain their hair quality. It is an important and vital part of hair care and must become a good habit for all.
How to oil your hair correctly? – The science of Hair Oiling.
What you need to know is that there is a process and a science to oiling. Whenever you are asked to oil your hair, it is always assumed applying overnight or for two hours before shampooing is enough, but this is not exactly true. Yes it’s something better than nothing, but
To correctly oil your hair and ensure the most benefit can be achieved from the oiling process, oil is to allowed to be in your hair for At least 3-4 days.
Oiling is an absorption process which therefore needs the most amount of time for the oil to seep in and reach the inner cortex of the hair shaft.
The second most important part of oiling your hair is to choose the correct blend of oils for the process.
A lot of people chose coconut oil alone which is not entirely wrong but not correct on its own.
Oils can be categorised as cool or warm. Coconut oil has a cool composition and is fine for hot countries to protect from the heat and sun damage.
But we live in a cool country therefore your oil should be warm in nature as well as Nourishing for the hair.
Coconut oil on its own has a cleansing property. I prefer to use coconut oil for the skin as a cleanser and a makeup remover. It’s amazing for people with
Eczema or have dry and sensitive skin to use this as a face wash.
Which is Our Favourite Hair Oil Product?
After trying out many hair oils we found the best hair oil is created by The brand ‘@Fushi’ and very appropriately named the product ‘Really good Hair oil (100 ml) by FUSHI ‘. It truly is amazing.
After trading testing this product for a few months we found it passed all our stringent tests and took its place of honour on our shelves. Among other boxes ticked it’s was good value for money! It smells great! Good size! And the results after leaving it in 3-4 days is amazing.
The hair appeared to be fuller, thicker-looking, healthy, shiny and soft !!! And kids apply it without even wingding.
So it’s a Win-win.
The oil ingredients:
- Organic Sesame Seed Oil (Sesamum Indicum)
- Triple infused Organic Brahmi Serum (Brahmi Herpestis),
- Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera)
- Organic Avocado Oil (Persea Americana)
- Organic Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis)
- Organic Moroccan Argan Oil (Argania Spinosa)
- Neem (Azadirachta Indica)
- Indian Jasmine Absolute EO (Jasminum Grandiflorum)
- Vitamin E.
Now you know which oil to use and how long to apply it.
Now the next question is,
What is the best way to apply Hair Oil?
This can be a great thing you can do among your family to each other with your Sister, husband, mother, father, brother and kids.
This might also be helpful to create a great bonding experience too.
So what you need to do is :
- Heat a little amount about two to three tablespoon in a bowl.
- Create a parting in your hair. Dip your fingers in the oil and then rub into that parting quite vigorously.
- Repeat this process creating parting in different section of your hair.
- Once all head is covered massage the head for a good few minutes so that it increases the blood circulation to the scalp. ( you can youtube some Indian head massage routines – LIKE THIS ONE )
- Oil the remaining length of hair. Use a comb to bring down the oil from the roots to the ends and to distribute oil all over.
- Tie hair up and wrap with an old scarf to keep warm
- Don’t Wash Your Hair and Keep In for three to four days.
So now there is no excuse for you all to say “I can’t keep it in for 3-4 days”! as you are not going anywhere, its lockdown time. This is the time to get that much-needed oiling treatment in and treat your hair! #StayatHome